Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Beginning

Hi everyone! I wanted to start a blog to keep everyone up to date with what is going on in our family's lives. Most people know our journey to have Lilly was a difficult one with so many tests and finally a IUI with Clomid to get pregnant. We feel so blessed God gave us this precious gift in Lilly. Well, of course we want more children and in the fall decided to start trying again. We did a few of the same tests over again and then tried Clomid by itself and then 3 IUI's with Clomid. None of this worked - we were definitely dissapointed, but had already discussed before beginning our journey what we wanted to do this time around. We had decided we would try 3 fertility treatments and that would be it. So what came next...

I think before we even had Lilly is when we started thinking of adoption. We have always had a heart for children who need a home and feel this is where we are being called. I think it was somewhat a relief for Brian and I after the last IUI did not work out, for we knew God had closed that door for now for us and is leading us to a new path. We started researching adoption and reading adoption books and talking to many people who have been there or are going through the process. We are definitely excited about our new journey. We plan to send in a initial application this weekend with photos of us and our home to see if we will be invited to join a particular agency's orientation process.

I wanted to start a blog to journal our adoption process, let everyone how the family and little Lilly are doing, and to post some specific prayers we may have along the way. As exciting as this process will be, I have to admit I have some fears/ anxiety about all the little details that will need to be worked out. I know Brian and I are placing our complete trust in the Lord and we are excited to see the little child the Lord is going to handpick out for us to raise.

3 comments:

Cody and Shana said...

That is so awesome Meredith. I love your new blog and that you want to keep everyone updated. Our stories are so similar (me minus the 15month old:)) so I can relate to many of those things. That is awesome that yall are pursueing adoption full force now. We just started our homestudy this week, and I can say that with adoption there is this new exciting hope that comes with it that you don't get as much with fertility treatments. With adoption, you WILL get a baby at some point in time and like you said God has one hand picked for yall already. I look forward to reading your new blog now!

Abbe said...

I am so glad you joined the blog world and am really excited for you about adoption. One of my best friends at work and from nursing school adopted a beautiful little boy, Charlie, in August. YOu should check out her blog, her name is amie and there is a link off mine. We will be praying for y'all in this exciting process!

Court said...

Hi Meredith ~ we don't know each other, but I have been connected to Shana through another friend (don't you just love the great big blogosphere!) I just wanted to encourage you as you start your adoption process. I'm not sure what type of adoption you are pursuing, but my husband & I are adopting through the foster care system. It has been a very long and difficult process but we have learned so much; and our journey has been such a blessing. We will be praying for you! Just know that you are not alone and that God's timing and plans are perfect!