Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Mother's Day Out



Yesterday was Lilly's first day of Mother's Day Out! I have to say I was so nervous for her - she obviously did not know what was coming - so I was the one with the nerves. I packed her little lunch the night before and got all her things together. I tried to take a first day of school picture before we left, but she was not into that as you can see, she is constantly on the move and so hard to take a picture of! I did get one of her back and her lunch box. She also has a cute backpack and princess nap mat. Yes, they eat lunch there and take a nap. Her MDO is from 9:15 to 2:15, which is a very long time when you are not used to it.

She did cry when I left her and I did get teary walking to the car without her. I spent my time going to the bank, grocery store, and working on my school lessons. When I went to pick her up, I peeked in and she was not being held or crying - which I was so glad! She was actually playing and when she saw me, she was so excited! We got a little report card and she ate all her lunch, liked the playground, and took a 40 minute nap! All in all, I think a good first day!

I know this is going to be so good for her and me. She will get to play with other kids her age and learn, too! She is at a church, so I know they will pray there and teach her something about Jesus as well! My little Lilly is growing up and gaining some independence. She is very special!

4 comments:

Emily said...

That is so cute. I know now why moms cry when their kids go to "school" for the first time - I didn't used to understand. Glad you both had a good day!

shalonda said...

oh gosh m, we start next week and i am terrified too!!! so glad miss L had such a fabulous 1st day! lol i love that you got a pic of her back, that cracks me up

Jodi said...

What a big girl! I'm glad she did so well, I know that is a huge relief!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Lilly is sooo big! and adorable of course. :)