Thursday, November 13, 2008

A New Chapter

So this last month has been a roller coaster of emotions - are we getting a baby or not? So we found out today that we are not. Something happened with the communication between the birthmom and we assume she has decided to parent.

We are beginning the journey again. I was thinking that this is a little bit like when we lost our baby through miscarriage. Some of the same emotions are surfacing again - facing infertility and adoption are both so hard! Even though I was not physically carrying the child, we do carry adoptive babies in our heart, so my heart hurts for this loss. For the promise of a child that is now not ours.

I know that something good will come out of this and that God will reveal this good in His perfect timing. I know in my heart that there is another baby out there that will be a perfect fit for our family - that we just have to wait for that. Again, as I have said before, and I have to remind myself daily, it is not my timing, it is HIS. I take comfort that God is our mighty refuge and we can run to Him in our times of trouble.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Mere! That's so not fair...
Hugs for you.

shalonda said...

oh mer my heart is aching for you and your family! i am sorry but i must commend you on your strong faith in the Lord right now HE will be your strength during this process/time and you are right He has a plan....call us if yall want to play sometime

oh' boy said...

Meredith I am SOO SOO sorry. There is a baby out there for you guys.... not this one... BUT another one that needs YOU!!!! Place all your worries and hurt in HIS hands for HE has GREAT plans for you. SENDING ALL OF OUR LOVE!!! Write me if you want. LOVE ~ meghan

Abbe said...

Meredith I am so sorry. We will be thinking of your family.

Lynn and Sherri said...

Meredith,
I checked out your blog from Abbe's. My daughter is a friend of her's from ACU. We experienced secondary infertility between our first and second daughters. I remember going thru the stages of grieving when ever a possible adoption fell through. You are experiencing loss. I wrestled with God in prayer as to the "why" we were not getting pregnant again. When we found out we were getting to adopt our second daughter my immediate reaction was "God your timing is perfect!" Thru the years I have also been humbled to think that the time I was pleading with Him, He was preparing US to be HER parents. I will be praying for you and your sweet family as one who knows some of your aches and who also worships our GREAT God.