Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catch Up

Well I had not posted in a bit, so I thought I would play catch up.  That seems to be a theme in a mom’s life, right, always playing catch up.  Well, since we last talked, Father’s Day happened.  I love Brian – he is the best dad to our kids and they adore him!  So he asked for blackberry cobbler for Father’s Day.  We all went out to Volmer Farm to pick blackberry’s – let me tell you this was an adventure.  There were these huge bugs flying around (not the stinging kind) and would dive all around you.  Here is a picture of me dodging away from the bugs, because if you know me at all, you know I do not like any kind of bugs.  Well, we survived and this is what we had to show for it – a huge basket of berries.  The cobbler turned out great and we froze two bags as well.  P6180008

Brian and the kids thought I was pretty humorous – they were just picking right along, like those huge bugs were not even there.

P6190009

The Fourth of July was fun, too.  This is our first not to go to the Burk reunion in Texas since we moved to NC.  Some friends in our new neighborhood asked us to spend it with them.  We all had a yummy dinner – thanks Katy!  The kids played and then we went to the ball fields in our neighborhood to see the fireworks.  There was also some sparkler fun, too!  

P7040033

P7040035

No comments: