Saturday, August 28, 2010

Weekend Trip to Texas

We went on a whirlwind of a trip to Texas to visit both sides of our families.  The plane ride there was good, everyone was excited and Hudson actually was quiet and sat there most of the time.  My dad picked us up and we had What A Burger for lunch – we don’t have those here in NC, so that was our choice.  We then drove from Dallas to Tyler where my sis and her fam met up with us.  We so enjoyed getting to see them, and all Allie, Kaylee and Drew. 

020

On Saturday, Brian’s mom and dad and his sister, her husband, and their daughter (our niece) Ruthie came to Tyler as well to visit with us.  That day we just hung out with all the family.  We just thought is was hot here in NC, boy Texas was so hot!!! 

001 016

Sunday we had brunch, went to my sisters house for the kids to play, and went to Discovery Science as a little outing.  We also ate dinner at my aunt and uncle’s house and my cousin Sara was there.  She set me up on Facebook while I was there, so now I have no excuse.  We had a great time visiting. 

035

Stephanie drove us back to Dallas on Monday to catch our plane back to NC.  The kids were tired by then, so the plan ride back was a little long, but we made it. 

Lilly had her first day of preschool on Thursday – she loved it.  The teacher told me Lilly told them she had a “wonderful time and I want to come back”.  She definitely loves school and learning.

049

050

Hudson had his first day on Friday – the parents came to to help them get comfortable in their new class.  He enjoyed playing with all the cars. 

055

This weekend we went to the State Farmers Market in Raleigh.  It is huge!  This is what we got this week – purple bell pepper, fresh cheese, homemade apple jam, blueberries (pesticide free), and a vintage dinosaur sign for Hudson’s dinosaur room.  I definitely plan to go back.

  058

We also had delicious barbeque for lunch – Red Hot and Blue is so yummy, made us think of Texas barbeque for sure.  I was in heaven! 

1 comment:

Katy said...

I'm so glad you all had a good trip! Can't wait to catch up with you soon!